Whales, Puffins & Reykjavik
This is our greatest adventure! Get as close to the whales, dolphins and puffins as possible with out disturbing them in their natural habitat. Small groups of 12 persons in our fast RIB boats means you get an intimate experience you wont forget.
DURATION 2 Hours
Meet on location
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
Experience the wildlife and nature adventure of a lifetime on this small group - personal whale watching tour. The custom made RIB boats allow you to get closer to the whales and puffins than any boats can offer. On this fun tour the fast, stable and safe boats also allow us to cover more area as we search for the wild life, thus increasing your chances of spotting whales, dolphins and bird-life.
This great whale watching tour starts from the Old Harbour of Reykjavík and during the puffin season (early May to the end of August) we also visit the puffins in their natural habitat. Next we head out in search of the whales. There are very few things that will beat the experience of seeing the whales and dolphins as up close as you can at sea level from our RIB boats.
Our whale watching boats are equipped with high performance suspension seats. These shock absorbing seats increase safety and comfort and reduce the risk of injuries. So you can comfortably & securely enjoy your whale watching adventure out on the North Atlantic waters.
After the whale safari we travel back to Reykjavík, where we will take ride along the city's shore line, experiencing a unique panoramic view of Reykjavík from the sea (perfect for photos).
Our boats will take you past the Sun Voyager sculpture and the harbour side of Iceland's most famous building, the glittering Harpa Concert Hall.
This tour has an age limit of 10 years & height limit of 145 CM and we recommend the The Classic Tour on the larger boats for families with younger children.
- Two hour expertly guided whale whale watching tour in a 12 seater RIB boat.
- Small Group - Only 12 passengers with expert guide & captain
- Flexible Ticket! Change the date & time of your departure if needed!
- Puffins are seen on this tour sighted from early May towards the end of August!
- Reykjavík sightseeing with panoramic views off the Sun Voyager & Harpa Concert Hall.
- Whale Guarantee! If we are unlucky and can't seem to find whales or dolphins on the RIB tour you can try again for free on the Classic Whale Watching on the larger boats either in Reykjavík or in Akureyri.
- We supply warm overalls, gloves, goggles and all necessary safety equipment.
What do I need to bring
Dress appropriately for our northern ocean, so if you have it, bring warm outdoor clothing like a wool or fleece sweater, some warm headgear and gloves. Sturdy shoes are recommended.
- The tour has an age limit of 10 years & height limit of 145 CM
- This tour may not be suitable for pregnant women. Consult your doctor before signing up.
- This tour is not recommended for those with history of back problems or severe heart conditions. Consult your doctor before signing up.
- This tour may not be suitable for those over the age of 65 years.
- Puffin season is from approximately May - August