DURATION: 11 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
Starting off in Reykjavik from our Reykjavik terminal at Skógarhlíð 10 we will depart for Húsafell, a 1hr and 45min ride. Once we reach Húsafell you will have a chance to use the restroom and to grab some light refreshments.
At Húsafell, the team from the Mountaineers of Iceland will take you up to the Langjökull glacier within one of their massive off-road vehicles. This is approximately a 30-45 min ride.
- Once you arrive at base camp at the edge of the glacier you will be outfitted to ride up the entrance of the ice cave, this is about a 30-45min ride
- At the entrance to the Ice Cave, you will walk down into the man made glacial cave and spend about 45-60 mins walking around the 500 meter cave.
- After the walk through the cave you will return to Húsafell where we will break for lunch at the Húsafell Bistro.
- This tour is 11 hours long including travel time and the time you spend at each location.
- Total distance covered: 340 km or 210 mi
- Please show up at our Reykjavik Terminal (located at Skógarhlíð 10) 15 minutes prior to the departure time. We kindly ask you to be ready at your pick up point with your voucher, either in digital or printed form.
- If you have booked a hotel pickup with Smartbus™, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people, but is very spacious and comfortable. It is featured with lavatory facilities as standard. The bus offers free wifi and USB charging ports.
- Lunch is not included, but we will stop at Húsafell where you will have a chance to buy food and drinks and use the restrooms if needed. You will have a chance to eat at the Húsafell Bistro after exiting the ice cave.
- Price is per person and there are two passengers per snowmobile.
- Children 6-11 years 50% discount.
- Available all year round (depending on weather).
- Min: 2 passengers
- Age limit: 6 years, for the snowmobile part, a valid driving licence is required to drive the snowmobile.
- Bring with you: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
- In-Bus-Audio-Guide: We recommend that you bring your own headphones, simply because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones, with you or forgot to bring them, no worries we sell earphones on board.
- Duration of the tour is 10-11 hours
What do I need to bring
- Spanish, Castilian
- Dutch, Flemish